5 Holiday Events in the Region This Weekend
Tree lighting, parade, carols and more.
Looking for something to do in New Hampshire this weekend? We've got a bunch of holiday events on tap this weekend in Merrimack and Amherst.
1. Christmas parade and tree lighting. On Sunday, the Merrimack Parks and Recreation Department and the Chamber of Commerce present the annual Christmas parade and tree lighting beginning at 3 p.m. The theme this year is "Holiday Season – A Time for Paws and Reflections" and All citizens, pets, organizations and businesses are welcome to participate. Get more information here.
2. Tis the season to be jolly! Join the Merrimack Concert Association in celebrating the holiday season on Saturday, Dec. 1, at 3 p.m., at its annual Holiday Concert at Merrimack High School. This popular community event features performances by the Merrimack Chorus, Concert Band, MCA pianist Molly Wood, and our special guests; the Thorntons Ferry Elementary School 4th-Grade Chorus. Concert admission is $7 for adults and $5 for children 12 and younger (children 5 & under are free). Tickets are for sale in advance and at the door. A wide assortment of beverages and homemade cookies will be available. In addition to a 50/50 Raffle, there will be several Silent Auction items available for bidding during the concert. For concert tickets, contact MCA Executive Director, Heidi Critz-Frens at 603-233-2557, firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a check to Merrimack Concert Association, P.O. Box 461, Merrimack, NH 03054.
3. Chritmas Tea. Riverside Christian Church, 27 Depot St., Merrimack, will hold its annual Ladies’ Christmas Tea on Saturday, Dec. 1, from noon to 3 p.m.. Appetizers, sandwiches, desserts and tea will be served. Shauna Amick will be the guest speaker. Shauna serves as the Director of Joni and Friends New England, a disability ministry dedicated to communicating the Gospel and equipping Christ-honoring churches worldwide in evangelizing and discipling people affected by disability. The theme of this year’s tea is “Make Room In Your Heart” and Shauna’s message will reflect on Luke 2:1-20. Ladies of all ages, this is a perfect venue to relax and put aside the holiday stress. Admission is $10 and $5 for ages 12 and under. Call the church at 424-1711 for a reservation or additional information. Advance reservations are required. The church is located at the end of Depot Street in the office park.
4. Carols and cookies. Join St. James United Methodist Church on Sunday, Dec. 2 at 5 p.m. for carols, followed by cookies and hot chocolate. St. James is located at 646 D. W. Highway, Merrimack, NH. (across from the Homestead restaurant).
5. Fa La La La Labelle Winery! Amherst's Labelle Winery wants to help you with your holiday shopping! They are hosting their First Annual Holiday Bazaar on Sunday from 11am - 5pm. Local artisans will be displaying their gift items in their Great Room - gourmet treats, fine jewelry, wine-related items, and much, much more. The bar will be open so you can purchase a glass of your favorite LaBelle wine while you peruse the tables laden with fabulous gift items ranging in price from $5 to $500. See the full list of vendors.