5 Things: Catch a Solar Eclipse Online Today
Middle School students running a warm clothing drive until Friday
Here are five things you should know as you start your Tuesday.
1. Warm Clothing Drive. Student Council is holding a warm clothing drive for distribution to local non-profit agencies and shelters in our community. They are working with a UNH Leadership Program to help collect gently used or new warm clothing such as jackets, sweaters, pants, footwear, blankets, mittens, hats and more. This drive is only running through next Friday, 11/16. The need for these items is huge and any contribution will be greatly appreciated. Items can be dropped off in the collection box in the main lobby.
2. Planning board meets. The Merrimack Planning Board will meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. in the Matthew Thornton Room (formerly the Town Hall Meeting Room). On the agenda is an appointment with Cloud K9, to review an application for change of use to convert approximately 1,545 square feet of first floor retail space (formerly Paul’s Cleaners and Ryly’s Gourmet) to Cloud K9, a business offering grooming, home‐based boarding and daycare services for dogs. The parcel is located at 385 D.W. Highway and lies within the Limited Commercial and Aquifer Conservation Districts.
3. Storytime with Dudley. Each month reading therapy dog Dudley and his owner Karen Demyanovich hold a special 45 minute, drop-in Storytime class. Bring a favorite book for Karen to read. Karen is a Reading Specialist who recently retired from the Merrimack School District. This event is open to Merrimack residents ages 3+ with an adult caregiver; no registration needed. Younger siblings can also attend. There will be two storytimes with Dudley from 10:15-11 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.-noon.
4. Catch a solar eclipse online. No need for protective eyewear here. Australia will experience a total solar eclipse today and thanks to the power of the Internet, you can watch from your home computer. Watch a live stream of the eclipse via this link to the Splooh Space Cam. The eclipse starts at 2:30 p.m. our time, which is about sunrise in Australia.
5. Weather watch. Say goodbye to yesterday's picture perfect weather. Today's forecast is calling for cooler temperatures and rain. According to the National Weather Service showers are likely mainly before noon and temperature are expected to fall to around 47 by 5 p.m. Tonight, there's a slight chance of showers before 8 p.m. Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.