5 Things: Library Power Restored, Open Regular Hours
One week from today, 'The Hobbit' will open in theaters at midnight. Get your tickets today.
Here are five things you should know as you start your Friday.
1. Library re-opened. The Merrimack Public Library will re-open today following a one-day closure to check the electrical systems after an alleged drunk driver damaged a power pole outside the library causing a power surge inside the building. A note from the library on Facebook said: "Power is back in the building, telephone service is restored and we are working to get the Polaris system back on line. Right now it appears there was no physical damage to the Library, its equipment or its collection. We do appreciate all the support and concerns of our community during this event." The library is open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
2. The Hobbit. The highly anticipated first installment of "The Hobbit" trilogy opens in theaters at midnight a week from today. Tickets are now on sale at Cinemagic theaters, including the Merrimack theater. Get your tickets at the box office on online at cinemagicmovies.com.
3. Town Council meeting. The Town Council will meet for its first of two December meetings tonight at 7 p.m. in the Matthew Thornton Room (formerly the Town Hall Meeting Room.) Town Manager Eileen Cabanel will present her proposed budget for 2013-14. Get the full agenda on the town website.
4. Stop by the Craftworkers Guild. Have you been to the Craftworkers Guild yet this holiday season? Open daily 10 a.m. -4 p.m., the Craftworkers Guild showcases more than 60 juried artisans participating in the seasonal shop. The shop is located in the historic Kendall House, 5 Meetinghouse Road off Route 101 in Bedford, NH, behind the Bedford Library. For additional information, please contact the Guild at email@example.com or visit www.thecraftworkersguild.org.
5. Weather watch. According to the National Weather Service, today is expected to be sunny with a high near 39. Tonight will be partly cloudy, with a low around 22.