Crime & Safety

Always New 2 You Owner Charged With Theft

The former owner of the now defunct consignment store allegedly stole nearly $3,000 worth of merchandise from two Nashua stores in November and August.

A Merrimack woman who owned the shuttered Always New 2 You consignment store landed back in court last week after being arrested in November on new theft charges.

Meredith Moore-Flores, 33, of 2 Mclure Lane, Merrimack, was arraigned in Nashua's District Court on felony and misdemeanor theft charges on Dec. 8, according to a case summary provided at the court.

According to Nashua Police Lt. Michael Moushegian, Flores was in the parking lot of , 272 Daniel Webster Highway after Nashua police were called for a report of a woman who'd left the store with a cart full of toys that hadn't been paid for.

Find out what's happening in Merrimackfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

“Throughout the investigation we identified that she was a suspect in similar conduct at another store in town,” Moushegian said, identifying that store as at 600 Amherst St.

Moushegian did not have the numbers available and the district court could not locate Flores case file on Friday, but, according to a story in Thursday's Nashua Telegraph, Flores allegedly stole $1,500 worth of toys and other items from the two stores on Nov. 3 and she is alleged to have stolen another $1,400 worth of merchandise from the same Target back in August.

Find out what's happening in Merrimackfor free with the latest updates from Patch.

The story said Flores was convicted back in 2009 of skimming more than $62,000 from Insight Technology Inc., her employer in 2008.

According to stories in the Telegraph about Flores' 2009 conviction, the mother of four and her now estranged husband opened Always New 2 You in December of 2008, not long after she'd been fired from Insight. She abruptly closed the store in the fall of 2009, leaving many in the lurch, including customers to whom she owed money and her husband Albert who she left with upaid bills and a number of angry customers, when she entered a plea to avoid a trial for the charges against her. She was sentenced to 1-5 years in jail in November of 2009, according to the Telegraph story. It is unclear exactly how much time she spent in jail under that plea agreement.

She was released on $3,500 cash or surety bail for her most recent charges, which, according to court records, was posted the day of her Nov. 3 arrest.

Flores is scheduled for a probable cause hearing on Jan. 4 in Nashua's district court.


Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.