How to Use Merrimack Patch for the Rest of the School Year
Five things parents, students, staff, teachers and parent-teacher group members need to know.
Students are back in class after the holiday break at Merrimack schools and as your Merrimack Patch editor, I will be there to cover all of the big news. But I can’t do it without your help.
To make sure you get the most out of Patch for the remainder of this school year, I'm inviting you to get active in the news-gathering process. There are five things you can do to make sure your school and its students get all of the coverage they deserve from Patch:
- Let me know about big events and accomplishments — If you have a school-related story idea you’d like me to cover, let me know about it! Just email me with the details and a contact person I can reach out to for more information about the story idea. You can also find me on Facebook.
- Add your event listings — Have an upcoming band performance? Is your school hosting an open house? Just add the news to our Events calendar, including school events, extracurricular activities, clubs, PTO and more.
- Post your announcements — Want to let us know about a student, school or teacher accomplishment? Let everyone hear the news by posting your own announcements and photos.
- Add your photos to our galleries – Throughout the school year I'll be out shooting photos during school activities. But I also welcome you to add your own photos of events directly to related stories, for a different perspective. You can also add photos to our Pics & Clips gallery anytime.
- Sign up for the newsletter — Want to find out what else is happening around the city? Keep up with Patch every morning by signing up for our newsletter. We’ll mail you the top headlines every morning – like your morning newspaper, without the recycling.