Here are five things you should know as you start your Wednesday.
1. Time is running out. Online registration for this Saturday's Erica's Run ends tonight at 6 p.m. Erica’s Run was created as an annual event to honor Erica Pombrio. Erica passed away in 2009 after a year long battle with cancer. Erica's family and friends realized that while her struggle was over the fight goes on. All of the proceeds from Erica's Run are donated back to local families that are currently fighting cancer. In two years, almost $20,000 has been raised to help neighbors in the fight of their lives. Join Erica's Run at 9 a.m. on Sept. 22 at Merrimack High School and Strikeback to help fight cancer. For more information visit www.ericasrun.com.
2. Doing it yourself. Have you tried self-checkout at the library yet? In mid-July the Merrimack Public Library opened a self check-out station called ExpressCheck. It took the place of one of an online catalog stations near the main entrance. Now, if you like, you can check your own items out. The easy-to-understand instructions prompt you through the process. Just like at grocery store, there are certain circumstances when you won't be able to use ExpressCheck. These would be:
- when you want to check out items in locked cases
- when you want to have your books stamped with a due date
- when you have overdue items on your account
- when you have outstanding fines or fees on your account
- when your library card is expired.
Share any feedback you have about this new service! Click here to find email links to the Board of Trustees members.
3. Second to last. You've got only two more opportunities to hit up Merrimack's Farmers Market before it closes for the season. Swing by tonight on your way home for work and grab something fresh for the dinner table. The farmers market runs from 3:30-6:30 p.m. in the parking lot at the Commons, 515 Daniel Webster Highway.
4. Take in foliage from the water. The Parks and Recreation Department is hosting a bus trip to Lake Winnipesaukee on Wednesday, October 3rd. This fall foliage cruise is complete with a buffet lunch on board the M/S Mount Washington! After the cruise, we will be shopping at the Mills Falls Marketplace. The bus will depart from Wasserman Park at 10:00 am and return at approximately 6:30 pm. The cost of $57.00 per person is all-inclusive. For more information or to register for this trip, please call the Parks and Recreation Department at (603) 882-1046.
5. Weather watch. Rain may continue this morning but is expected to taper off. A chance of showers, mainly before 8 a.m. The rain could be heavy at times. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 69. Tonight will be mostly clear but quite cool with a low of 42.